Tuesday, October 31, 2006

<<<<< HAPPY HALLOWS EVE >>>>>

Yes, it's that time!!! It's finally Hallowe'en.....my favourite time of the year. It's the day that everyone, young and old, get to dress in a costume of their choice with no inhibitions at all whatsoever. It's the night to bring out your evil twin (if you're a Gemini like me), dress up as a hero you adore, or let out your alter ego; it really should be done at least once a year, otherwise, your alter ego will eventually take over and that'll be the end of the you that everyone knows (and probably loves). It's hard to say if people will accept your alter ego; it's possible, but most people are good the way they are, so it's good to keep your own in check.
I've got the goody bags ready for the little trick or treaters (and some not so little; but, hey, if they've got the guts to still dress up and go door to door, as long as they're polite, I don't have a problem with giving them candy.)
And another thing....what the hell is with this handing out "healthy" goodies????? It's Hallowe'en for crying out loud! Have these parents not taught their kids the proper use a toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss? Do they not set boundaries for their kids as to how much or how often they can have treats? Have they not designated a special place that is forbidden to their kids to stash undesirable items? I'm sure if they stashed the excess goodies with their adult movies or adult toys or their own stash of expensive dark chocolate there would still be some there in the Spring (or as one person I know has done, hand it out next Hallowe'en; personally, I think that is tacky; and, the candies are stale too. yuck!!!)
Well, I seem to have gone off track, and I apologize. Everyone has their issues and opinions; some of us just voice them alot more often and louder. I'm done now though.
Back to the fall festivities. I will probably wear my black cape and my long black wig, but I don't want to go all out with the makeup and such. Don't want to scare the bejeezes out of some toddler and have him scarred for life. (I can just see it now....30 years from now, some CEO with alot of impact on the community will suddenly try to abolish trick or treating because of the incident when he was 3 years old. I can see my house pictured on the evening news with the caption, HOME OF THE EASTWICK WITCH, beware!!!!! ) I'll have the front of the house decked out in rattling bones, talking heads and dripping blood. There'll be lots of spiders and webs, of course, and quite possibly a coffin with a skeleton welcoming the little monsters. When the door opens in response to their demands for candy, I'll stick one long bony finger out first (not mine obviously cuz there's nothing bony about me!), then slowly creak the door open the rest of the way. There will be smoke curling around my head (fake, not cigarette, yuck!) and low eerie lighting behind me with sounds of torture and despair......no, not really, like I said, I don't want to be haunted 30 years from now by the memories of a spooked 3 year old!
Naw, I'm just going to greet each little one with a warm friendly smile and comment on how cute they are (cuz some of them are absolutely adorable!!!). Maybe next year I'll be able to fulfill my dream of the ultimate Hallow's Eve and go all out in the back yard so that those that dare can tour through and have the bejeezes scared out of them (those 10 and older, that is). I'll be all dolled up in my best robes conjuring up demons with my spells and mixing potions in my cauldron for those that need a little something extra. My familiar will take care of security as he is very good at it; can pick an eyeball out clean at 20 paces! But, that's next year. This year will be fun; for the kids of course, that's still my number one priority. There will be a year for me....you'll see...and if you dare to actually SEE, better have said your prayers!
Have a safe, fun night all!
Witch Mystica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home