Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm Getting There

Having been awhile since I've blogged, I'm not very good at this yet so please bear with me. I do sometimes find it difficult to open up even in an anonymous world as Blogsville. I feel I've worked on alot of personal stuff over the years and I've actually come along way, but, like everyone else, I still have issues. One of my main issues is trust. Having grown up in a household that I was constantly told that I was stupid and that my hair looked like drapes in a funeral parlor, I didn't have alot of self-confidence. I'm much more confident these days, but those ghosts still haunt me from time to time (and not in a good haunting way like a ghost from centuries past). I'm okay with the way I look, and I feel I'm fairly intelligent (apparently my IQ is 125, although some people say not to read too much into that), and I have a generous, kind spirit, for the most part (those that know me, feel free to correct me - really!), so getting to know me wouldn't be the worst thing in the world that anyone could do.
I look forward to getting to know some of you fellow bloggers as well.

Happy Blogging!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drapes in a funeral parlour? Ghosts? Haunting? Spirit?
Whoo hoo You sure know how to spice up October.

Have you ever watched "Most Haunted" on channel 19? I couldn't find it all summer and now I see it's only on at midnight Friday night.

It's reality - not a story - about a group of mediums who go to all these old castles and other buildings in England to find ghosts. They go from room to room looking and listening for evidence using night vision cameras.

Check it out. It will scare the bejeebers out of you.

Monday, October 15, 2007 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Mystica said...

I have watched "Most Haunted" and it was okay - I found that there were a couple mediums that seemed to think quite largely of themselves and I found it annoying to listen to them. There is a man in particular, he has white hair and goes on and on without a whole lot of action going on for anyone to actually see.
Have you ever watched "Rescue Mediums"? I find those 2 quite entertaining - at least the few episodes that I've seen.
As you know, I've always been interested in "spooky" stuff - that's why this is my favourite time of the year! Can't wait for Hallow's Eve!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger alphonsedamoose said...

Thought I would drop by and take a look.
May I say that if your IQ is 125 you are well above average in intelligence.
It is amazing how things said in the past can haunt us for so much time.
I enjoyed the blog and will come back.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mystica said...

Hey Babzy, I guess I have had a bit of a "spooky" childhood - like you said, great for this time of year.

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mystica said...

And, Moose (may I call you Moose? I noticed that's what Babzy calls you - just let me know if you'd rather I call you by your "formal" blogger name), thanks for visiting and I appreciate your comments. You're so right about things from one's past haunting us for such a long time afterwards; especially when they're said by those that we supposedly can trust with our lives.

Friday, October 19, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger alphonsedamoose said...

Moose will be fine. I have been called a lot worse.LOL. Do you mind if I add your link to my blog?

Monday, October 22, 2007 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mystica said...

Not at all Moose. Thanks for asking.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home